These softeners cost less than £10 a year to run on electricity compared to £117 for a washing machine, £104 for a tumble dryer, £153 for a full-size dishwasher and £155 for a free-standing fridge freezer.
(source for non-softener appliances: which.co.uk, October 2022)
Plumbsoft Electric Softener
Product code — SE-14
Smart Efficiency Water Softener with Proportional Brining, Meter Control and MaxFlow Hoses for 1 – 8 people.
- WRAS approved – demonstrating quality and durability of the highest standard.
- Proportional Brining – save on water and salt
- Slimline for easy siting and installation.
- Meter control for optimum performance.
- 5 year parts and 2 year labour warranty – for complete peace of mind.
- Includes Rapid-Fit bypass which reduces the components needed for installation by up to 80%.
- Flow rates up to 78 lpm
- Built in customer protect programme (CPP) that:
- detects leaks in your plumbing system.
- delays regeneration until 2am.
- learns your water usage patterns to regenerate accordingly and make substantial savings on salt and water use.
- automatically adjusts to BST and GMT time changes.
- Simple 2 level programming with digital display – for quick set-up.
- Complete with full standard installation kit and water hardness test kit.
- Only regenerates the resin that has been used
- Electrical supply – 220v 3 pin plug with plug-in transformer
802 x 225 x 493 HxWxD (mm)
Depth shown above includes allowance for Monarch MaxFlow hoses (included). If using Ultraflow hoses for 28mm applications, please allow an extra 7mm to depth.
2,850 litres (at 300ppm)
Salt use per regeneration (kg): Tablet 2.25
Max Flow Rate (lpm): 78
Water Pressure (bar): 1.5 – 5
Max Op. Temp (°C): 49
Connection: 3/4” mbsp (1″ mbsp available)
Which water softener is best for you?
Our handy online tool will help you to decide. It takes just seconds.