The RO-50TK is for families who want the best drinking water available. It is the ultimate water purifier and overcomes any concern over water quality. Supplied with all necessary parts for easy installation, the RO-50TK gives a constant supply of fresh, pure clean water all day, every day. It removes virtually all impurities via a special internal filter (membrane) to give scale and scum-free water on tap, for the highest-quality drinking water you will ever experience. Additionally a series of in-line high-quality cartridges removes chlorine, sediment, bad tastes and odours, organic chemicals, herbicides and pesticides, etc.
Our RO-50TK water purifier system is a professional under-counter system that helps to reduce harmful contaminants that find their way into groundwater, directly affecting private wells and municipal water systems. It is ideal for under sink point-of-use installation and provides a continuous supply of clean, filtered water that is suitable for households of all sizes.
This system is equipped with three pre-filtration stages. The first is a sediment cartridge made from spun polyester. It effectively reduces and removes sediments including sand, silt, dirt, rust, etc. The second is a granular coconut shell carbon GAC cartridge, which is designed to reduce and remove chlorine, pesticides and volatile organic compounds. The third is an extruded activated carbon block, which will further reduce and remove chlorine, colour, taste and odour. The main filtration takes place over a high quality “three-layer-configuration” composite membrane, which consists of a thin polymer layer deposited on top of a porous polymer layer on top of a non-woven fabric support sheet, and is placed after the filters, reducing and removing 96-99% of all contaminants from the water, including mechanical impurities, bacteria and most viruses (0,0001μm and larger). Waste water is poured into the drain. A T33 post carbon filter improves the taste and aroma of your filtered water.
This five stage water filtration system does rely on you having a strong mains water pressure. Please do not buy this item if you do not have a good water pressure. This unit operates best at input water pressures of between 40psi (2.8 Bar) and 60psi (4 Bar). We would suggest that this is not suitable for use with gravity-fed cold water systems (where the water is stored in the loft). Normal UK water pressure should start from around 2 bar or above.
A high pressure switch used in conjunction with an automatic shut-off valve eliminates waste by closing the feed line when the tank is full, and a manual flush valve to purge the reverse osmosis membrane prior to use is included as standard.
Our five stage water filtration system is factory tested and ready to use with connection hardware, tubing, faucet and instruction manual, all of which is designed to make installation and maintenance quick and easy without the need for a plumber.
It is offered as a complete set with filter cartridges, RO-50TK membrane, water storage tank, additional accessories and valves to prevent the membrane from becoming dried out.
- System dimensions (H x W x D): 430 x 160 x 380 (mm)
- Tank dimensions: (Height x Diameter: 337 x 240 (mm)
- Working Temp.: 5°C – 40°C (41ºF – 104ºF)
- Operating Pressure: 2.8 bar (40 psi) – 4.0 bar (60 psi)
- Inlet feed water connector: 1/4”
- Flow rate: 50 gallons-per-day
- Typical Rejection Rate: 98% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) < 1800 ppm
- pH Parameters: 2 – 11
- Iron: 0.2 ppm maximum
- Turbidity < 5 NTU
Recommendations for Use:
- Point-of-Use (POU) systems can filter out bad tastes, colours or odours, which pose no health risk but still affect the water quality
- Kitchen compact, perfect for almost any household, and will easily fit into any under counter space
- This system will improve the flavour of water used for drinking and cooking
- Recommended for families, homes and apartments of all sizes
Complete Package Contains:
- The RO-50TK comes complete with the following cartridges: PP, GAC, CTO, T33
- 3 gallons white polypropylene water storage tank (capacity 11 litres)
- FDA approved water filter housings (including o’rings)
- Feed water connector (can be fitted to copper mains water pipe)
- Long reach 1/4 turn chrome effect ceramic disc tap
- RO-50TK membrane element type: RO-1812-50 thin film composite
- Drain saddle valve, spanners for filter and RO housings
- 1/4″ tubing for system connection (5 metres)
- 300cc flow restrictor, manual flush switch
- Automatic shut-off valve
- Instructions manual
STAGE, PART#, COMPONENT, FUNCTION:
- PP – 10″ sediment cartridge (pre-filter) melt-blown polypropylene. 5 micron sediment filter traps dirt, sediment, rust and other particulate matter.
- GAC – 10” granular activated carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Coconut shell granular carbon is used to reduce chlorine, colour, taste, odour, pesticides and volatile organic compounds.
- CTO – 10″ coconut shell carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Activated carbon block assures high-quality pure water by further reducing chlorine, colour, taste, odour.
- 50GPD Membrane – Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane (50 GPD – US Gallons), 0.0001 micron. Semi-permeable membrane reduces salts, minerals, metals, bacteria, viruses, cysts, TDS, hardness, fluoride, pesticides, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and more.
- T33 – In-line carbon cartridge (post-filter). Activated granular coconut shell carbon provides the final polishing and assures great-tasting drinking water.
Important: Do not use with water that is micro-biologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of contaminants. In addition, some water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of micro-organisms or other contaminants that pose potential health risks. Regularly scheduled maintenance and replacement of the filter cartridges is recommended in order for the product to perform as specified.
Limited Warranty: Monarch warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty, together with any and all warranties implied by law, shall be limited to a period of twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase. This limited warranty does not apply to failures that result from abuse, misuse, alteration or failure to properly comply with installation, or cartridge change instructions. Monarch strongly recommends adding to all point of use filtration systems a 5 bar Pressure Limiting Valve where daytime pressure exceeds 3.5bar (contact us for further details) to guard against unwanted extreme water pressure events, pressure increases, surges, and water hammer which could occur in the water pipes. Not having one installed could mean that if you ever did have to claim damage caused by a burst water filter system, your claim could be denied.